At Michael Lee’s Pioneer Point development, our residents are realizing that there are steps involved with preparing their home to sell while considering downsizing. With only limited lots available, it’s important to get busy with preparing your home and reserving your lot today. We currently have few remaining highly desired pond view lots, treed lots and 3 car garage lots available.
Since many of our clients have been in their current homes for 10 to 30 plus years, I have decided to put together a few tips on how to get your home more market ready.
- De-clutter- Start by exploring every closet, cabinet and shelf then toss everything you haven’t used, store memorabilia and organize the remaining.
- Garage Sale- This isn’t for everyone, but there are so many ways to get rid of the unwanted items in your home such as local furniture removal company, garage/yard sale, consignment shop, EBay, craigslist, facebook, donate to local non-profits or give to family and friends.
- Design your new Michael Lee home-It’s important to know where you are going so you can prepare. By customizing a new home design, you are then able to utilize the floor plan to measure your furniture. This will help you to decide what to keep and what to give away. Many don’t realize, the doors and windows can affect what pieces of furniture can be kept. By decluttering and sorting through your home, allows you to better access your storage needs in your new floor plan design created by David Frosch, owner of Michael Lee.
- Deep Cleaning- Hire a professional cleaner to clean the interior of your home from top to bottom. Don’t forget the exterior, this also includes window washing and exterior power washing. A good cleaning a goes a long way.
- Inspection- Hire a home inspector in your area, to ensure there are no alarming fixes that need to be repaired or replaced. (Many municipalities require a home inspector as their requirements. If required, contact the city for their approved inspectors)
- Staging- Prior to the professional photography, be certain to have a professional stager walk through your home to ensure it shows its best prior to listing your home to sell.
All of this hard work will pay off as it will allow you to have a little less stress in this no transition in your life. For whatever your reason you are downsizing, Michael Lee Inc homes can help design a customized main level living home that can lead to you having more time to spend on the events/hobbies that you love.